Saturday, August 23, 2008

Adopt me please...

My name is Gris Gris, meaning good luck or the Talisman, because I am a lucky boy. I am an apricot male. My vet thinks I’m between 2 - 3 years old. I only weighed about 83 lbs when I first came to my foster parents, but I gained nearly 10 lbs in about a week and a half – yes, I am a good eater. Unfortunately, I was not fed at the place my foster mom rescued me from. In fact, a lot of the time I was left tied to a tree in the hot sun without any water. Even though my past life was not easy, I have maintained my upbeat, happy-go-lucky attitude. My foster mom can’t believe how friendly I am. I want so bad to please my foster mom and dad. Whenever they teach me something new, like not “surfing” the counter tops for food, I try very hard to listen. But, sometimes there are some yummy looking treats on the counter that are just too irresistible not to try a taste of. I am learning what “sit” and “stay” mean. Since I never lived indoors before I am learning that I am supposed to potty outside. When my foster parents ask me to “make a potty” I do it right away. I really want my foster parents to see what a good boy I am, so I have been trying really hard to make sure I don’t make any “mistakes” indoors. I get along really well with my foster sister – a pitt/mastiff mix and my foster brother – a Rottweiler. I don’t really know how to “play” with them yet, but I am learning by watching them. The place I came from had lots of cats/kittens, so I am good with kitties. I am also good with kids. I am afraid of getting hurt by people because my last owners abused me, so when someone tries to pet me I tend to duck/cower. I am learning from my foster parents and their friends that I can trust people, so I don’t cower as much with them anymore. Whenever my foster folks come home I greet them with the biggest smile I can make, because I am so happy to see them. I love being petted, talked to, hugged, kissed and generally just loved. I am content chilling out quietly with my foster family – I like to watch TV and cuddle or I’m always up for a walk, or pretty much anything that includes being around people. I am really good in the car too. I hop right in and enjoy pressing my nose up against the window to get a good look at what’s going on. All I really want is to have a forever home that will love me and that I can love back.

No comments: