I saw one of our amazing clients at City Bark today. He makes these wonderful hand - painted patron Saints medals. Today, he was donating the proceeds to City Bark... how nice! Please visit his web site and BUY, BUY, BUY! We got three today... Love!
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Friday, March 26, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
NOLA City Bark Officially Opens March 27!
Finally, it’s Opening Week for NOLA City Bark! We’re counting down the days until the dog park opens on Saturday! The grass is green, the trees are leafing and the plants are flowering, so the dog park looks spectacular! All we need is you and your pet pals to help us officially open the gates.
Please join us at 10 am on the 27th to purchase your permits and get your electronic entrance cards. We’ve planned a short ceremony at 10:30 am and then the park areas will be open to canines and humans alike at 11 am and until 3 pm. We will have entertainment- our favorite ‘Dog’ DJ, refreshments, a dog behavorist and lots of other information and resources to help us – and you - inaugurate the park.
Your pet pals will be able to enjoy the small and large dog off leash areas and you’ll be able to stroll the landscaped walking path around the park’ s perimeter.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Please act now! The Jefferson Parish Council votes tomorrow
on a measure to help save the lives of homeless cats and dogs.
If you are able, please attend the meeting to show your support.
The proposed changes would put Jefferson parish on the
path towards becoming a 'no kill' community, by creating a
low cost/no cost spay/neuter plan.
General Government Building
200 Derbigny Street, 6th Floor
Gretna, LA 70053-5850
Meeting Wednesday, March 24th at 10 am
Can't attend? Please contact the parish Council members in support of the proposed changes to the parish Animal Welfare Ordinance.
Act Now to Help Jefferson Parish Animals....
The proposed ordinance would increase license fees ($5 for altered animals, $10 for unaltered animals) and would increase dealer/breeder fees to provide funding for spay/neuter.
The additional fees would provide funding for low/no cost spay/neuter in the community. It is estimated that the proceeds could generate at least 6500 sterilizations per year for animals in Jefferson parish.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
So... Gigi watched her Grandma put a roasted chicken on the stove and decided she wanted to have some so... she pulled it off the stove and tasted it! Jessica pulled the entire chicken from her mouth and now her Grandma is putting it away for her to enjoy later. That darn GiGi makes me laugh!
Gigi - what is for dinner tomorrow? I hope they don't punish you from your breakfast Kong! Aunt Nicole loves you and would have made a side dish for you!
- Where are you from? How long have you been in New Orleans? Chattanooga,TN - 8 years
- What is your background... College? Licensed Massage Therapist
- Pets? 10 wonderful kitties - Snookums, Misfit, Pita, Azrael, Grim, Spade, Lilly, Beignet, Sputnik, and Skinny - all rescues, I'm proud to say.
- Outside of spending time with your pets... what is your favorite thing to do? Spending time with my husband. Love to travel, read, watch movies.
- What is the best part of working for New Orleans Pet Care? Working with animals instead of humans all day! Working with other people who understand how much love you can have for your pets.
- What is the worst part of working for New Orleans Pet Care? Traffic, gas prices, driving in circles - road rage!
- Where do you see yourself in five years? Celebrating my 20th wedding anniversary with my hubby-hopefully in a swank hotel.
- Coffee, Tea or Soda? Coffee - with chicory and strong! Wait...can the soda have Crown in it?
- If you could go out to dinner anywhere in the city this PM where would you go? Depends on my mood...but almost any time , Restaurant August sounds good.
- If you could change one thing about New Orleans what would it be? Education. Not in a school/booksmart sort of way, but in civility and common sense.
- What is your favorite word? Fabulous
- What is your least favorite word? Infested - that is just so gross
- What turns you on? Wit (dry), intelligence, variety (I bore easily)
- What turns you off? Narrow minded stupidity, large egos, people who don't like animals
- What sound or noise do you love? Ships blowing the horn as they sail down the river along the levee, cats purrs, chainsaws (it's a Halloween/Fall thing)
- What sound or noise do you hate? Basketballs being bounced and shoes squeaking in a court , babies crying
- What is your favorite curse word? When provoked, I can peel paint off the walls. Let's just leave it at that.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I've done most of them, I've worn a million different hats.Next? Perhaps writing.
- What profession would you not like to do? Anything structured where I would have to pretend to be someone I'm not.Waiting tables would wrack my nerves.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "You're just in time. The Rat Pack will be going on right after Elvis."
Monday, March 22, 2010
Sunday, March 21, 2010
We had a ball! It is sad that DDA competed with parades, etc. today. I was surprised by the "low" ( in my mind - I hope the LASPCA did not think so...) turnout. It was cold and wet but we had fun... thanks to those that came out! Baby R rocked her Doggles and made my day!
We are on Beau Bassish Circle near Palm Drive (where you would turn to go to City Bark) in front of the softball field. If you are facing the registration area...we are on the left, across the street, baseball field side! See you all out there!