Saturday, March 3, 2012
Friday, March 2, 2012
Friday, March 2 from 8:00pm-2:00am
Allways Lounge and Theater
2240 St Claude Ave.
2240 St Claude Ave.
$10 entrance fee
The Hair Ball, Battle on the Catwalk
Style Guru John Delgadillo, founder of ALEGRIA The Fashion Show, is now adding a first day to the ALEGRIA calendar making the ALEGRIA event 2 days long. The first Day of ALEGRIA will be called THE HAIR BALL "Battle On The Catwalk" and it will feature some of New Orleans best hair stylist showcasing their creative hair talents in a mad dash to become the South's MOST CREATIVE HAIR TEAM or SOLOIST. This event will benefit the LOUISIANA SPCA and any money made from this event will go directly to the LOUISIANA SPCA's Low Cost Animal Clinic. We encourage you to come to the event with your most creative and crazy wig ideas/ costumes. After all it is THE HAIR BALL. There will be music and dancing. There will be a fabulous creative hair battle on stage, and of course, there will be you in a fabulous wig and frock strutting your stuff around the crowd serving fierceness in every way. BAM BAM! THAT!
*This event will be hosted by Mike Theis from WGNO's News With A Twist with his Twisted segments.
*Possible Guest appearance of a cast member of SORDID LIVES.
*There will be a mini buffet with finger foods and snacks for all to enjoy. Sponsored in part by SUCRE The Sweet Boutique.
* Cafe Royale will be sponsoring some delicious finger foods for all to enjoy.
*Nadiyah Skyy will be performing her hits SEXY BEAST and I WANT MONEY with her get it girl back up dancers.
*There will be Astral Dancers in full affect.
*D.J.DWILL will be spinning on the 1's and 2's all night long. BAM BAM THAT!
*ALICIA ZENOBIA will also be showing off her Hair Dress Collection on still models which is reason to come in its self.
Have I mentioned? I have the greatest team ever!
1. Where are you from? How long have you been in New Orleans? The Northwestern Lower Peninsula of Michigan. Specifically, Boyne City. I've been here about 4 and a half years. 2. What is your background...College? Bachelor of Science in Cell and Molecular Biology from Tulane. 3. Pets? Lucky kat - a gray and white domestic shorthair who keeps an eye on my parents while I'm away. Bowie - a crazy catahoula/australian shepherd mix (his goofy mug has made frequent appearances on the blog) 4. Outside of spending time with your pets...what is your favorite thing to do? Travel, swim, watch movies, and spend time with those I care for 5. What is the best part of working for New Orleans Pet Care? Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! 6. What is the worst part of working for New Orleans Pet Care? I hate driving! I hate driving! I hate driving! 7. Where do you see yourself in five years? Practicing Veterinary medicine. (Starting classes this fall! Eeek!) 8. Coffee, Tea or Soda? Definitely tea. The smell of coffee makes me gag and I can not stand carbonated beverages in my mouth, so pop is not an option (yeah Bradley, POP) 9. If you could go out to dinner anywhere the city this PM where would you go? I'm a picky eater - better not leave this up to me or we are staying home and eating spaghetti 10. If you could change one thing about New Orleans what would it be? The weather. Anything above 80 and I am miserable. I know, I know...what was I thinking? Ugh +10 1. What is your favorite word? Gnome 2. What is your least favorite word? Bored 3. What turns you on? Um... 4. What turns you off? Those who are inconsiderate, ignorant, rude 5. What sound or noise do you love? My cat purring, gentle water flow (waves on lake charlevoix, rain fall, fountains, etc), the dinosaur noises my pup makes while wrestling with his friends 6. What sound or noise do you hate? I hate yelling and really just anything loud 7. What is your favorite curse word? Bloody hell 8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I gave serious consideration to becoming a pediatrician, a genetic engineer, or researching infertility sciences. I could revisit those options 9. What profession would you not like to do? I don't mean to offend anyone - but I hate dentistry/orthodontics/etc. Bad memories - 20+ teeth extractions will do that to ya 10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? yeah, not going to happen - even if I did believe in it...so let's not pretend hahaha
Thursday, March 1, 2012
WHEN WILL THOSE LIGHTS COME ON?:
That's what we would like to know. We are presently having some red tape issues with Entergy. If you have any powerful pull (no pun intended) with Entergy and might be able to help us resolve the issue, please contact Jackie Shreves firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speaking of light, Daylight Saving Time begins Sunday, March 11 at 2AM. Be sure to "spring forward" and set your clock ahead one hour. Dog park hours will change to 6AM-9PM if the lighting installation is not complete; if it is complete, hours will be 5:30AM-9PM.
Just our little way of helping you get to know our team... Want to read more 10+10 both past and present?
1. Where are you from? How long have you been in New Orleans?
Military brat so all over - born in Southport, N.C. - 37 yrs.
2. What is your background... College?
Bachelor of Science in Education from U.N.O., business owner until Katrina, Licensed Tour Guide
3 cats - Smokey, Mini, Buckwheat & of course "The Princess of Everything", my boxer "Tink"
4. Outside of spending time with your pets... what is your favorite thing to do?
5. What is the best part of working for New Orleans Pet Care?
The fur babies (and my great co-workers) and being outside
6. What is the worst part of working for New Orleans Pet Care
When one of the babies get sick - It hurts because they are like one of my own :(
7. Where do you see yourself in five years?
No where else in the world but New Orleans - I LOVE it here !!!
8. Coffee, Tea or Soda?
Have to have that morning cafe au lait
9. If you could go out to dinner anywhere the city this PM where would you go?
This is the hardest question, too many choices !!
10. If you could change one thing about New Orleans what would it be?
Stop the violence ! Oh, and fill the pot holes. I know you said one, but the pot holes make me violent sometimes ;)
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on?
The Saints (in a winning season)
4. What turns you off?
The Saints (in a losing season)
5. What sound or noise do you love?
6. What sound or noise do you hate?
Crying - people or animals
7. What is your favorite curse word?
Really !?! There are so many for the appropriate moment ! I sail a LOT so
probably the F'ing bomb ! Sorry folks :(
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
9. What profession would you not like to do?
Law Enforcement - I would lock up a LOT of people !
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
"Finally, thought you'd never get here ! Welcome home !"
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
A Walk-a-thon and Festival Celebrating our Furry Friends!
Featuring Live Entertainment, Celebrities, Food, Drinks, Dog Contests & More!
March 25, 2012 11AM - 4PM
NEW LOCATION! New Orleans City Park's Big Lake Lawn
Sign up now to start fundraising and get your chance to win two JetBlue tickets!
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Monday, February 27, 2012
I will reserve judgement but I am sure you know what I am thinking...
"Dexter(male) 2.5 YR OLD YELLOW LAB – 80 POUNDS – HOUSETRAINED – FULL VETTED – LOVES TO PLAY FETCH – OWNERS DON’T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE FOR HIM
Hi! My name is Dexter and I am a male, 2.5 year old Yellow Lab dog. I am fun, fast, responsible, protective & loveable! I am great with other dogs, but cats think I may play a bit rough. I weigh about 80 pounds and am housetrained, fixed, and up-to-date on my shots. If you're looking for a great dog, look no further because I know you'll be pleased with my ball fetching game! PS: I could love sleeping with you too if you let me; otherwise I don't mind sleeping in my house outside. Unfortunately, I have to find a new forever home because I love to run and I need more room to show you how fast I can move! If you would like to meet me, please call Denise at 318-564-6577or email me at email@example.com. There is a screening process to adopt me and my adoption fee is $30.00 (which will be donated to Pet Savers)."