Thursday, April 8, 2010

Katie - 10 + 10

(the one with the fork!)

1) Where are you from? Petoskey, Michigan (16 miles from the "Ice box of the the Nation"). AKA the only city in the continental US that consistently records day-time high temperatures of below -50 F every winter-before factoring wind chill)....New Orleans summer kills me.

2) What is your background... College? I am collecting an alphabet and seeing as many states as I can in the process: B.S. from Warren Wilson College in North Carolina, M.S. from Johns Hopkins in Maryland, and now I am a PhD student at Tulane....(this one I assure you is a terminal degree....no more school after this...but I have said this twice before).

3) Pets? Saywer and I are collecting a zoo. There is Buzi the Black Lab, Tiny the Great Dane, Dilly and Einstein the cats (and Dilly has a handful of fish). Some are intentional, some just needed a place to crash and now think they are part of the family. Tickets for sale at the door all proceeds go toward feeding the Great Dane.

4) Outside of spending time with your pets... what is your favorite thing to do? RUN RUN travel RUN RUN hike RUN RUN read RUN RUN enjoy New Orleans RUN RUN camp RUN RUN

5) What is the best part of working for New Orleans Pet Care? Unlimited running buddies, constant stream of kisses

6) What is the worst part of working for New Orleans Pet Care? New Orleans roads, the quantity of hair that comes home with me, one way streets

7) Where do you see yourself in five years? If I win the lottery-on my fifth loop around the globe....if not, working outside the US at a job that gives me eye, dental, and health care-I am way to clumsy not to have all of these!

8) Coffee, Tea or Soda? Coffee ALWAYS and BLACK

9) If you could go out to dinner anywhere the city this PM where would you go? Someplace I have not tried yet!

10) If you could change one thing about New Orleans what would it be? Politics, politics, politics.....SUMMER HEAT!

1)What is your favorite word? Mitochondria...bungee jumping, parasailing, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, canyoning, cliff jumping, hele skiing and I think I would like the word sky diving if I tried it.......

2) What is your least favorite word? boredom, resting, sleeping, nap, snoozing, sitting still, computer...how about a genre of words.

3)What turns you on? coffee, smell of clean laundry, waking up in an unfamiliar city with a whole day in front of me

4) What turns you off? dairy, meat, cost of gas, and most recently my dissertation

5) What sound or noise do you love? cleats on concrete, rain on tin roof, whippoorwills in the morning, loons in the evening, markets in developing countries

6) What sound or noise do you hate? anything on a chalkboard, mom yelling my full name "Kathleen MaryMartha Maloney"....that is NOT good.

7)What is your favorite curse word? I would never say a curse word...shame on you for asking!

8) What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? My high school aptitude test told my parents I was only suited for a job as a circus performer.....It actually sounds like something I would like.

9) What profession would you not like to do? Anything in a windowless cubicle.....

10) If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Well you did not waste your time down there. Come on in the sauna is stoked.....first margarita is on me!"

No comments: