Saturday, February 16, 2013

Heads up y'all!


Garden District Neighbors:

Heads up. There was an attempted armed robbery last night in the Irish Channel in the 2200 block of Laurel Street around 9:30 p.m. . “He held a gun in the middle of my forehead and told me ‘give me what you’ve got.’ I told him that I had nothing, screamed for my roommate to get her gun & he ran off with part of my car key. NOPD came quickly & took a report….”

Description:“African American male approx 5.8 ft. Husky. Dark jeans, dark hoodie. He turned me around so quickly that I didn’t get a very good look at his face. There was a second taller, thin male that I could not see at all”

Again, we encourage all of you to use the GDSD patrol and to travel in pairs or groups if at all possible. You can reach the patrol direcly by calling 899-4373 any time day or night.

Note: The Irish Channel Neighborhood Association has been in discussions with its neighborhood to determine whether or not a security district is a viable and productive option for them. We wish them luck.

No comments: