Sunday, March 17, 2013

whatyagonnado?

Life interrupted...  I have been sending more emails and texts about life interrupted lately that I decided it might be a good idea to just stop and explain -

Henri and Isabelle are seriously going to be the death of me.  Case in point, on Wednesday the 6th, I was walking them and talking on the telephone... and by that I mean, not paying attention.  There is this little black cat that hangs out in front of the Manning house on 1st Street and it will wait until we get really close and dash out in front of us and cross the street.  All they want is to "play with" the Manning kitty cat... well - the two of them decided to bolt and all 170ish pounds of them drug my 130ish pounds down 1st Street.  I composed myself and made my way home.  After a few hours of pain, I decided to head to Touro.  Two hours later, I left the Emergency Room with a Dislocated Shoulder that had been pushed back in place by a young Doctor who was super nice and gentle but may have been 16.  The last thing I remember was him asking a Nurse for a sock so he could use his foot.  Lights out for me and I was home about an hour later.

Just when I thought I was on the mend...  Last Wednesday I was working and cooking Supper and had a seizure.  I have never had a seizure before and thankfully, I was not alone.  I headed back to Touro and they discovered that I broke my shoulder during the seizure.  That is my luck!

This week I have MRI, etc. scheduled to figure out the reason for the seizure and shoulder surgery scheduled to put in a plate and some screws.  I am checking into Touro on Tuesday and will be able to go home on Wednesday.  I am pretty confident I am going to live!

We are business as usual so no worry!  The only thing I would ask is that if you have any changes that you phone vs text and Bradley will make sure to take care of whatever you need.


No comments: