Monday, May 6, 2013

Ellis Marsalis brought keyboard wisdom and a smart band to New Orleans Jazz Fest | NOLA.com

Wait.... I thought that was going to be all about Derek but I read this. Okay - now I am done.


Ellis Marsalis brought keyboard wisdom and a smart band to New Orleans Jazz Fest | NOLA.com:

"It also was a big day for Derek Douget. The saxophonist doubled on tenor and soprano, and showed himself to be a full-throated, natural soloist on both instruments. How natural? On tenor, his joyous abandon reminded me of Dexter Gordon at the unbuttoned height of his powers; on soprano, his warm, middle-range sound and blues savvy brought to mind Lucky Thompson's work on that recalcitrant horn. (I guess that's why he's been playing all over the Fair Grounds)."


'via Blog this'


Totally not the proud big sister.  Not at all.

No comments: