Monday, April 30, 2012

Dog Attack - MID CITY - This AM

I received this a few minutes ago from a client...  Heads up Mid City clients:  Be safe y'all! Thank goodness Mom and baby are okay!




"I wanted to give you a heads up on an incident I had this morning.  I jog with R all the time and have been doing so since I moved to mid-city 10 months ago.  There are many dogs and I have never had a problem (even with the loose ones).  Today, a man and a woman were walking their dogs as I was jogging.  They were medium sized and I don't know how but it seemed like he just let them loose.  They immediately attacked R.  Now R will never go after another dog and he doesn't defend himself.  The dog went right for his throat and after I got him off, I picked up R.  As I was picking him up, the other dog grabbed his leg.  He didn't go after me, just wanted to get at R.  Needless to say, I am very shaken up and I screamed at that man and told him to control his dogs,etc.  He was trashy and seemed half drunk as it was.  He told me that I was in his yard.  I was NOT in his yard, I was in the middle of the street crossing at the intersection.  I wanted to give y'all a heads up. This was at N Bernadotte and Iberville.  

R is fine and there were no wounds but it still scares me.  Luckily, he's small enough for me to pick up and get away from the other dog.  There is a man at the corner who has a huge American Bulldog that always tries to break free and get at my dog but hasn't yet.  Just keep an eye out for that.  The man is usually pretty good and will turn around and walk the other direction."

No comments: