Saturday, May 5, 2012

Derek

When I start to miss my brother...  I go here.  He lives two minutes from me but, I wish they still lived with me.  I got a few text messages from people who just saw him at Jazz Fest and it made me realize how lucky and proud I am to have him in my life.  When I first got Remy, Derek was in Europe with Mr. Harold Batttiste who is one of his mentors and a very important man in Derek's life.  Mr. Bat is very ill but tomorrow he will be at Jazz Fest at 2PM in the Jazz Tent for a living tribute with  Derek, Jesse McBride, Ellis Marsalis and Ms. Germaine Bazzle and I am betting a few more musicians will be sitting in.  If you are going to Jazz Fest tomorrow, you should check it out.

Mr. Battiste

If Derek ever sees this he will KILL ME.  This was the day he came back from one of his trips to Europe with Mr. Bat. and that is Remy talking to me on the telephone.  Yes - I made him do it!  That is not his hair it is a fez.  


No comments: