Thursday, July 4, 2013

Just thinking should be working...

For me the 4th of July is full of many firsts...

One 4th - I drank my first draft beer and the reason that is significant is that was the last time I drank draft beer. That same year I met two puppies - brother and sister (named Diesel and Flower) named by a little girl and I thought those names where magical and I was so happy that her parents did not make her change them or discourage those.  It was also when I decided I wanted brother and sister babies.  I also remember that 4th because I got to lay on the grass and actually see stars... you know when you live here that can be impossible - especially when you don't have grass and in the city, it is never really dark. That was also the year I learned that grown men ignore "do not shoot these at people" type warnings.  It was a BLAST - no pun intended.

I moved into 3101 Prytania the week/weekend of July 4th.

The 4th of July was my first big holiday after opening NOLAPC.  The company was so small that my Team schedules were written on post-it-notes.  This week of the 4th my staff schedules average 5/6 pages a day.  I would have never dreamed.

This 4th, my kitchen is almost finished and I will be moving things back in.

Next 4th?  Hummmm  Can't wait to find out.

No comments: