Thursday, August 29, 2013

Katrina8

August 29, 2005


It was around 6:30am that we first started seeing the Federal Failure unfold.  I am not sure that those of us that lived it will ever be the same.  

To my dear clients, friends and family - those that weathered the storm and helped us weather the storm... You are blessings to me.     

I wish I could say I did not know anyone who died on and around 8.29.05 but I do.  Before I started my day I listened to "May His Soul Rest In Peace" and watched the images closely.  At 4:42 that beautiful horn is Derek.  I vividly remember sitting in St. Louis Cathedral in December of 2005 and listening to that song for the first time.  I am not sure there was a dry eye in the place.  I will never forget y'all... and never forget all of those that died so senselessly.  

▶ Irvin Mayfield jr - Carnegie Hall - "May His Soul Rest In Peace" - YouTube:

 I will never forget the clients and friends that we never had the opportunity to say goodbye to.

I will never forget how difficult rebuilding my home and business was...

I will never forget those that helped me get past those dark days...

Thank you to our pre and post Katrina clients for sticking with us and choosing us. And to my team those past and current. I am grateful for you...

New Orleans Pet Care was always a dream of mine. Silly perhaps - but my dream... realized and reborn.

Viva New Orleans! Onward and upward...  

No comments: