DOG DAY 2014 OFFICIAL RULES:
1. The pre-registration fee is FREE with a suggested $25 fundraising minimum. Registration forms and fees
can be mailed to the LA/SPCA prior to the event. T-shirts will be awarded to any walker raising $25 or
2. ALL T-SHIRTS WILL BE HELD AT WILL CALL. EARLY PICKUP WILL BE AVAILABLE SATURDAY, March
FROM 12-4PM AT CITY PARK’S BIG LAKE LAWN.
3. Participants can register online until midnight Thursday, March 20th, 2014. Please make checks payable to
4. All registrants who raise more than $25 will receive an official 2014 Dog Day t-shirt!
5. Participants are encouraged to compete for prizes and Chair Dog positions by obtaining sponsors for the
Gatsby Strut. Sponsorship forms are available at www.la-spca.org/dogday.
6. Prizes will be awarded to participants who raise:
a) The top two amounts of money for the LA/SPCA through sponsorships/ pledges in the Dog Walk.
b) An additional prize will be awarded by random drawing to any walker who raises $50 or more.
c) The top fundraising rescue group will also be awarded a title for Dog Day 2014.
d) The top friends/family team will be awarded a party at the Bulldog Mid-City with one free keg of beer.
Beer type and event date is subject to availability and is at the discretion of The Bulldog.
e) The top corporate team with an Employee Identification Number (EIN) will win the opportunity to
have an official Haydel’s Mardi Gras Bead Dog© statue at their business location until Dog Day
2015. The location must be approved by the LA/SPCA.
f) The top youth fundraiser (12 years or younger) will win a Critter Cinema party at the LA/SPCA.
(subject to availability).
7. The course is a Fun Walk around Big Lake in City Park beside the New Orleans Museum of Art.
8. Participants are encouraged to wear the official walk shirt during the walk.
9. To be eligible for prizes and most chair positions, money must be collected from sponsors and
turned in to the LA/SPCA by 4:00pm on Thursday, March 20th
10. To be eligible for prizes, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
a) All prize winners EXCEPT for Deputy Chair Dog will be determined after donations reach the
LA/SPCA by the March 31st
b) The two people who turn in the highest totals will win first and second prize.
c) The Deputy Chair winner will be based on a random drawing of all those turning in $50 by
2pm on Sunday, March 23rd
at Dog Day, giving everyone an opportunity to win! We will
announce the Deputy Chair at approximately 3:15pm at the event.
d) The top corporate team needs to submit their EIN to the Louisiana SPCA by Thursday, March 20th
be eligible to win the Mardi Gras Bead Dog© placement.
e) The top family/friends team requires at least two people on their team.
f) The top youth fundraiser must be 12 years of age or younger on or before March 31st, 2014.
11. The same dog cannot win first place two years in a row. However, his or her owner can enter a different dog.
12. While a person can enter more than one dog, he or she must determine at the time of entry which dog is
competing to win.
13. Dog and human spectators are welcome and not required to participate in the walk.
14. DOG SAFETY RULES:
a) BY LAW, ALL DOGS MUST BE KEPT ON LEASHES AT ALL TIMES.
b) DO NOT BRING DOGS THAT MUST BE MUZZLED.
c) DO NOT BRING DOGS IN HEAT (please see www.la-spca.org/ordinances for more information).
d) DOGS MUST BE CURRENT ON VACCINATIONS.
15. The LA/SPCA has the right to cancel the dog walk due to weather.
16. If, due to weather, the event cannot take place on March 23rd
, the event, regretfully, can NOT be rescheduled.