Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The best part of owning your own company - Part 2

I have been feeling guilty about  "going off" on this prospective client so I sent her an email...  Sometimes I have to remind myself that we all look at things from different perspectives.  I would like to think that she just does not know.  


Dear Ms. X:

I have been thinking about our telephone conversation on Sunday and wanted to tell you that I am sorry that I was so very short and admittedly even rude to you.  I have been thinking that perhaps you were just unaware of risks associated with leaving your pets unattended for days on end.  For example, we have walked into homes with broken air/heating systems, stoves with gas left on, stoves left on, carbon monoxide alarms going off, etc.  We have walked into homes with pets trapped in rooms, closets, with paws stuck in collars, etc.  We have walked into situations where pets have gotten into something poisonous like plants, chocolate, etc.  We have walked into homes that had been robbed and doors and windows were open and the pet(s) were gone. 

I am sure you love your pets and I think when you are traveling it is even more important to make sure they are well cared for and that your home is safe and secure.  I hope you will consider some of the possibilities.  You can find a lot of non bonded/uninsured Pet Sitters on Craig’s List or by “googleing” New Orleans Pet Care and I am sure they will be willing to satisfy your visit frequency. 

Again, I am sorry that I was so short with you but I look at taking care of your loved ones from different perspective.  If you decide you would like to reconsider the visit schedule, we would love to work with you.  

Sincerely:


No comments: