Friday, August 27, 2010

K5 reflection...

My side fence...

My neighbor, Crazy Bob (if you see him... don't tell him we call him that! Not bad crazy... well, not all bad... funny, odd, NOLA crazy), owns a rug shop on St. Charles Avenue. We evacuated with Remy (his wife's poodle... she left with her 96 year old Aunt) and would come back in the days and weeks following and drop him off with Bob.

Bob never left the city and several large media outlets had a camp behind his shop so he was as safe as one could be at the time. We would bring in supplies, drop Remy, work in the city, pick up Remy and go back to our home in Gonzales.

Bob's signs got stranger and stranger as time went by... He was offered BIG money for them but declined. It was Bob who painted the "looters shot" signs all over the Garden District and on St. Charles Avenue between his shop and here. UGH!

Remy reminds me of my Remy and those dark days that followed the storm. I see him all of the time... we have something special between us and I love him.

No comments: