10am - 12pm play time gets me a few peaceful hours!
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Thanks for the can food Mom!
Friday, March 5, 2010
Jessica does not get it...
One of our dear clients daughter (no worry she has the proper background) is babysitting this little one who is getting stronger and almost ready to be released... I got this great photo and email... I LOVE IT!
"This is Jilly she is 6 months old and will be released into a wonderful private wildlife preserve on the North Shore but is living with the owners of that property until she is old enough to be placed with the other roos.. She eats mostly formula but likes crackers, and she has no fear of humans, has no fear and will allow petting. She's super soft, cuter than you can imagine, very alert, looks at everything, especially loves seeing her reflection in windows and mirrors. to hold her you have to scoop her up very deliberately, otherwise she hops away, quickly. today congo took a nap today with mary anne, on her bed, can you imagine !! she looks like a rabbit and drops rabbit like pellets. i was told you can't house train a kangeroo, thank goodness cause they deserve lots of acreage."
Can you help the puppy express?
All aboard the puppy express!
Woof woof! All aboard! Right now, an empty no-kill shelter in New Hampshire is eager to take in 30 of our homeless animals. Wonderful families are anxiously waiting to adopt!! Want to help these pups find loving homes?
Please consider helping! This is great way to help get some babies to a safe place and into a loving home!
Awww - We missed you little man!
Thursday, March 4, 2010
With each pair of Cosmopolitan Paw Rain Boots purchased, The Animal Rescue Site will fund 84 bowls of foodfor animals living in sanctuaries and shelters. Order
Bradley brings up a good question...
Holding down the Quarter!
Thank goodness they are gone...
Dog Day Afternoon 2010
We will be having our annual cookies & cocktails at Dog Day Afternoon again this year! Make sure to save the date... details to follow!
|The LA/SPCA’s 28th annual Dog Day Afternoon is one of the oldest dog/fun walk-a-thons in the United States and an original Louisiana event. It provides the perfect festive setting to celebrate our canine companions and make them feel like royalty.|
The day highlight is a dog/fun walk-a-thon in New Orleans City Park. This year Lucy Bustamante/WWL TV and Catherine Shreves/ABC 26 head the celebrity emceed festivities that continue all day with live music from Groovy 7 and DJ Afrodisiak, foods and specialty drinks from great local restaurants, animal vendors and artists, dog obedience demos, Raising Cane's sponsored dog contests and great prizes!
It's attended by over 2,000 family and canine members and generates 5% of the annual operating budget of the LA/SPCA.
Register NOW to Walk and Win, WOOF!
(Day of registration starts at 10:30am)
Dil! You did it!
It may be sort of gross but dang... he did it!
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
City Bark Permit Info.
How to obtain a City Bark permit:
The NOLA City Bark annual permit is $35/per household (for up to three dogs) or $30 if member of Friends of City Park .
Permits can be purchased at the following locations:
Starting March 15, Monday-Friday, 10-2 PM at the
Friends of City Park trailer, across from Storyland
Dog Day Afternoon in City Park at Roosevelt Mall
Sunday, March 21 10:30 am – 4 pm
Lakeview Veterinary Hospital Grand Opening
6245 Memphis St. next to Starbucks,
Sunday, March 21, 1-4 PM
We are cute...
Let me in...
OH MY GAWD! Another baby!
One of our Mommies is getting a new baby!
HURRY HOME BABY little boy yet to be named by his Mom but being called Tiger...
PRESH! PRESH! PRESH!
And thank you...
For my nice bed, my meatball treat, my new brother who gets things off the counter, my daily dog walker, etc...
We got another baby!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Sawyer 10 + 10
- Where are you from? How long have you been in New Orleans? Pittsfield, Massachusetts...been here 4yrs, 5mo and 27 days.
- What is your background... College? Bachelor of Science in Zoology from Michigan State University (dual major in Neurobiology and Animal Behavior), then it was off to Mozambique for 27 months in the Peace Corps (I taught human anatomy, biology, and genetics to 8-10th graders in Portuguese...yup, that was entertaining (for them)), Masters in Public Health from Tulane (focus on Global Maternal and Child Health and HIV/AIDS), currently a PhD student in International Health focusing on food security and child development in Malawi...oh, and procrastination!
- Pets? Buzi, the most incredible black lab ever, Clementine (AKA Tiny) my slobbering goof of a Great Dane, Dil (yes, only one "L") my 3yr old tiger kitty...a total momma's boy, and Einstein (AKA Munch, Munchkin, Steiner, Wad) the orange purr-ball.
- Outside of spending time with your pets... what is your favorite thing to do? TRAVEL!!! Camp, hike, ride my bike, and NAP!
- What is the best part of working for New Orleans Pet Care? Enzo, Gunner, Tycie, Max V., Patty, Max K., Dusty, Straya, Freddie & Dubya, Hummer & Perceval, and Doody (Diamond, Scruffy, and baby Tate all belong here too...R.I.P.)
- What is the worst part of working for New Orleans Pet Care? Traffic, construction, potholes, school buses, speed limits...oh, and picking up poop.
- Where do you see yourself in five years? Living in Geneva, Switzerland working for the World Health Org. That will be Dr. Sawyer to you...you can start practicing now.
- Coffee, Tea or Soda? Coffee before 9am, Chai or anything minty between 9-4, Vodka and Cranberry Juice after 5pm.
- If you could go out to dinner anywhere in the city this PM where would you go? Who's paying? If I have to pay...I'm going to Lebanon or maybe Juan's (mmmmmm...fish tacos!). If someone else is paying...Restaurant August it is!!
- If you could change one thing about New Orleans what would it be? Ignorance
- What is your favorite word? Nyamacimwakanyara...hey, you didn't say it had to be in English!
- What is your least favorite word? Moist, ointment, and panties...don't ask. It hurts just to type these :-/
- What turns you on? Intelligent conversation, good books, playing in the sun, and ROBERT MEACHEM!!
- What turns you off? The frat boys in the weight room at Tulane's gym, ignorance, liars, and anything almond flavored.
- What sound or noise do you love? Africa at night
- What sound or noise do you hate? Styrofoam rubbing together and plastic being crinkled
- What is your favorite curse word? Why pick just one? It's a tie between fuck and sonofabitch.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I'd like to be a pilot, or a midwife...or maybe work for the Travel Channel and travel all over the world eating yummy food. I'd also settle for being a lawn gnome.
- What profession would you not like to do? I would NOT want to be a dentist...other people's plaque grosses me out.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? He would say "Oops, my bad...got the wrong Sawyer! You are free to go" However, with my history...I'm not so sure it will be the Pearly Gates I arrive at ;)
OUR FAX LINE HAS BEEN CHANGED...
THE NEW NUMBER IS:
My babies are 10 months old today!
It is cold!
Monday, March 1, 2010
WE don't want to be a part of it!
I can't have any cookies...
GREAT NEWS! RE: NOLA CITY BARK
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Don't go little brother!
Derek is heading to Jakarta (via New York & Dubai) for the Jakarta International Java Jazz Fest with Maurice and I would rather he just stay home! Safe travels Derek!
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)