Saturday, March 13, 2010
Waiting for the parade!
Happy 5th Adoption Day Gigi
Friday, March 12, 2010
I just can't.... toss my babies
After his walk this morning, Big Sam decided to rest...next to his food bowl...I think he was protecting it.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
GiGi opened her pool!
Irish Channel St. Patrick's Parade is Saturday!
10 + 10 - Bradley!
1. Where are you from? How long have you been in New Orleans? Dallas and two years and a few months.
2. What is your background... College? Bachelor's degree in Psychology, working on a M.S. in Paychology, applied behavioral sciences.
3. Pets? Sexy Maximus, red and white Beagle...who doesn't have an 'inside' voice.
4. Outside of spending time with your pets... what is your favorite thing to do? Backpacking the world, seeing my nephew, movie night, rock climbing (when there's a facility), and not getting in car wrecks.
5. What is the best part of working for New Orleans Pet Care? Sunshine, Father's Day Flood (haha, the chronicles are on the blog), our cohesive crew.
6. What is the worst part of working for New Orleans Pet Care? Other drivers on the road when travelling to client's houses, and when we have to say goodbye to some of our buddies (passing on, or moving on).
7. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working...utilizing my Master's...and whatever else life throws at me. If you know, please tell me!!!
8. Coffee, Tea or Soda? More of a green tea guy (if it's available).
9. If you could go out to dinner anywhere in the city this PM where would you go? Ralph & Kacoo's or Clancy's.
10. If you could change one thing about New Orleans what would it be? The other drivers that are in my way, potholes, and nails on the streets (All over NOLA and Metairie). I know I was to pick one but I couldn't....my bad.
1. What is your favorite word? Food
2. What is your least favorite word? ....I look at all words objectively...really...any word incorporating/insinuating hate towards fellow man/woman
3. What turns you on? In a nonsexual way (...let's face it...I'm not THAT willing to expose myself)...sunshine....walking the streets of Roma, Italy at midnight with a bottle of house vino, gazing, in awe, at the magnitude and beauty of the Colliseum, the Piazza di Spagna (Spanish Steps), and the Fontana di Trevi....not having a plan, on trips....wonderful dreams of finishing school!!!!
4. What turns you off? Realizing I was only dreaming that I was done with school....ignorance...stupidity..........FLAT TIRES!!!
5. What sound or noise do you love? My dog taking a deep breathe just before he falls into a deep sleep, his quiet howls and whimpers when he's dreaming.
6. What sound or noise do you hate? My dear father/brother snoring minutes into us starting a movie/show...children screaming bloody murder on an airplane.
7. What is your favorite curse word? FUCK!!!
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Personal Chef...or prostitution (HAHAHA!!!)
9. What profession would you not like to do? Mortuary anything, priest, or pediatrics...I can't handle (emotionally or mentally) children sick/ill/dying.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I thought long and hard about this....
Me: where am I?
[pearly gates open, as God glides towards me with strange look on his face]
God: what in the hell are you doin' here boy?!?!?!?!
Me: Yo G, I'm just as surprised.
Come here duck...
Enjoying the pretty day...
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
The backyard rocks!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Great News from LASPCA
The Cruelty Investigations team closed another case this month. In October 2009 we seized an emaciated German shepherd, pictured below. He was a mere 38 lbs. This was the second time we had been to William Jackson's house. In 2008, we seized another dog from his house, but the charges didn't hold up in court. This time, with our newly formed Cruelty Investigations team gathering evidence and working the case, justice was served.
Our Cruelty Investigations team tracked down three witnesses, one from North Carolina. Jackson pled guilty, but the judge didn't take this evidence lightly. She sentenced Jackson to serve 45 days in jail, have no animals on his property owned or otherwise for the rest of his life except aquarium fish, and pay the LA/SPCA $684 in fees. We are very proud of our investigators and to have saved another German shepherd from a similar fate.
This sweet dog has adjusted perfectly to home life and as seen in the picture, he is up to 75lbs. Check out other news from the LA/SPCA and our Cruelty Investigations Team.