Sunday, November 25, 2012

This made my evening...

It is easy to quickly judge people who find themselves in situations were they are unable to take care of a family member that they love so much.  It makes me angry when people go on Facebook and/or email rants about it.  Unless you have walked in someones shoes...

I have always admired RD and I admire her even more as she fights an illness that is a mystery to me.  If you are a blog reader, bookmark and make her blog a regular read... she is smart, funny, beautiful working Mother.  She and her partner had the courage to adopt a son... Not just adopt a son but adopt a son of a different race.  I am here to tell you, I know it takes courage.  My parents did it 36 years ago and it was not easy.  For obvious reasons, T reminds me of little Derek and T is also a fantastic musician.  Derek was given to us and from the day he arrived he had WWOZ playing in his room 24/7 and an instrument in his hand.  I love reading about T!

Read and find out more about her...  You will get lost in her blog - promise.

Bless you RD! I am honored to know you.

Dangermond.org » Blog Archive » Life ain’t nothin but a funny funny riddle:

She posted this on FB today...

Brought Loca to live on the farm with my cousin and his zoo filled with animals today - it was a blessed day. Thank you Nicole Douget for your help when I needed it. Thanks family in Franklinton (@Sue GeraldKim Gerald Pam Dykes Clint Stogner Stephen Casey Gerald David Thigpen for being you. And thanks Cousin Brian for being an animal person aside from being a wonderful one.


'via Blog this'


One more thing...

Readers - we should all step back when someone has to make a decision to let a pet go...  I am working with a man who has to move to another country to take care of his Mother as she fights an illness.  He can't imagine taking his 11 year old dog because he knows he will never survive the required pet hold that the country requires.  He loves that dog like his child... in fact, it is the only child he has ever had.  I think if we all step back and try to understand what is going on vs rant, pets would be helped quicker.  

No comments: