Sunday, February 23, 2014

Barkus... Remy

Regardless of when Mardi Gras falls...  This day - Barkus Sunday...  gets me every single time.  

As everyone rushed off to Barkus, Remy and I stayed behind and spent our last day together listening to the sounds of Mardi Gras parades on St. Charles Avenue. We sat in the sun with our back door open and cuddled.  I made him some chicken and a baked potato for lunch. I would not trade a moment of his life... including my last day with him for anything in the world. 

I put him to sleep (at home) the first Sunday of Carnival, Barkus Sunday.  Today - the first Sunday of Carnival and Barkus Sunday and it feels like yesterday.  I love him to the moon and back...  I got this beautiful photograph one day and that day it sort of clicked - I can't wait to see if I can come close to finding the beginning or is that the end of that rainbow?  

I am not sad today...  One day I am going to figure out how to come close to finding where a rainbow begins or ends and it will be amazing.  


No comments: