Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Can anyone help?

From: Elizabeth Gimma [mailto:elizabethtalk@cox.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 10:07 PM
To: sandra
Subject: Blind & Deaf Kitty Under House

Sandra,

There is a blind kitty under my house. He is gorgeous. I am pretty sure he is deaf too. He is not skinny. I know he is blind because his eyes have that glaze, and when he walks he puts his paw out to guide himself to figure out where he is going. I feed him day and night, fresh water, etc. When I call him, he does not hear, but he CAN feel movement, and he runs further under my raised home. I do not believe he runs because he is feral, but because he is scared (deaf, cannot see, lost). He is as comfortable as possible. My neighbor, Viviana, has put a makeshift bed under the house to keep him comfortable as there are many big boulders and gosh knows what underneath my raised house. Prior to this "bed" we made, i.e., a box, he was perched atop pipes, etc. I can tell he is very lonely, scared, etc. I believe that there is no way possible that this angel could have lived this long as a feral. I believe he is someone's cat. Someone is grieving over the loss of their kitty. I think he somehow got out the door of his owners. He has been under my house since this past Christmas. Location: Hesper Avenue / Helois Avenue near the Lakefront. I don't want to describe him (his colors and markings). If someone is missing a cat of this description, I want them to provide a picture and advise description.

I hope you will post this. This baby is NOT in the best situation, but the best I can provide.

Thank you so very much.

No comments: