Thursday, October 6, 2011

If you have 15 minutes... Watch this -




In non New Orleans Pet Care news... with some connecting of my own dots.  


From a personal perspective... 

I love that at 1:00 in he talks about being adopted. As an adopted person... it struck a cord. If you have not taken the time to listen - it is well worth the 15 minutes.

I had a conversation with someone just yesterday about being adopted and how much it defines you... In my case - I could never imagine not being in my family. Not having my brothers and not having all of the Foster Children that my parents took in and did the best they could do to help.

Our conversation turned to this - how funny that we are both about the same age and both remember people asking us - "Do your parents have any real children" and "Do you have any real brothers or sisters".

It took me a long time to figure out that I was real... 

My other favorite part helps me validate why I continue to keep my little New Orleans Pet Care chugging along...  @ 8:16... 

"...  Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle."  

I love my little company.  Love my clients, my clients parents and my team!  I  will never make millions but I LOVE what I do and it just gets better and better as the years roll on.  

RIP Steve Jobs... you were real too.

No comments: