Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Having to tell someone you found their missing dog -

Yesterday we were walking and found a little baby who had died on the corner of 6th & Prytania. It broke my heart.  I came home and phoned to have this little baby girl picked up so she was handled honorably. Before they could pick her up, someone had taken her little body.  I made a cross with two sticks and it was still there this morning.  

This morning I saw a missing dog sign and phoned the owner.  

Getting on soap box

I hope this never ever happens to us or those that we love but you have to have all eyes on them all of the time.  You can't let them in the front yard if the gate is not locked, you can 't trust that someone will not open the gate.  Isabelle can jump my front fence and I don't trust that she would not jump on the trash can and go over the back gate if tempted.  At the very least - make sure they have ID on the them.   

I have no doubt that the man I spoke to this morning loved the dog he was watching for his sister.  He was struggling with how to tell her that the dog I described sounded like the dog they were missing. I hope I was wrong. She was last seen in the Irish Channel around Washington and Constance and found just a few blocks away - dangerous blocks.  

Bless her Mom, her Uncle and baby 6th Street - Rest in peace...  

No comments: