Thursday, December 12, 2013

random... I know -

I heard a story about an adult putting a young lady on the spot by asking personal questions that have nothing to do with what she does for the young lady and are frankly - no business of hers.  You hear so much (and frankly sometimes see) how children are disrespectful to adults.  Although I have never parented I would think it would but be a huge challenge to teach respect even when the child knows they are being disrespected yet still they remain respectful.  I have to hand it to Mom and Dad in this situation... they raised a young lady who knows how to stand up for herself and keep respect top of mind.  I have never met her but I feel so proud to know her.  I hope that she realizes that pushing back will make her life a little less uncomfortable but will make those "behind" her... not have to experience the immaturity of this "adult".  I think when a young person/child pushes back they think it is only for them but I don't think they realize the number of those that they will save from the wrath of the adult.  She took care of herself... and equally as important - she will take care of those who this "adult" could potentially put in the same position. Perhaps those little ones are not as confident to respectfully push back.  Nothing like a strong young lady who takes matters into her own hand - respectfully.  

Viva her Mom & Dad... Viva her courage! 

I digress...  

No comments: