Saturday, December 14, 2013

Rest in peace George... C'est tout

Before his Blue Dog days, I filled my home with his Acadian prints.  My Dad will tell you story after story about being punished for speaking French in school and I loved the way George depicted those days in South Louisiana.  I will walk my hall and into my bedroom and blow a kiss to all nine of them this evening.  An amazing man... with an amazing story...  who fought a hard fight and won today.  Rest in peace George.  That your Blue Dog inspired and moved you into another phase of fame is amazing.  Dogs and people are amazing like that.  


1944 - 2013


George Rodrigue. The famous creator of the Blue Dog paintings has lost his battle with cancer.http://www.katc.com/news/george-rodrigue-creator-of-the-famous-blue-dog-paintings-dies/

My favorite one in my bedroom...  



No comments: