Thursday, June 27, 2013

Barb update...

We have received such an outpouring of concern for Barb and we can't thank you enough.  It makes us both so emotional. Her pre-op was yesterday and my Team really stepped up to help take care of all of her little ones.  Her surgery is scheduled for tomorrow and frankly, she is scared and I understand that fear.  You know, some people have no problem facing surgery head on and others do not.  For someone that has never had an experience, it is harder.  We trust she will be fine and we are so hopeful that rehab can be handled quickly too.  Barb is a very strong woman and it is hard to hear that fear in her voice.  The one thing she said today is how grateful she is that those that she does not even take care of on route - care.  

Not long ago a "brand manager" asked why I chose to position myself as "Nicole Douget" vs "New Orleans Pet Care" and suggested that the decision was wrong.  I disagreed completely.  Our Clients, my Team and our Partners (Elizabeth, Crescent City Vet, etc.) are like family to me.  I don't need a brand... I want a family that takes care of each other.  If we never get another new client... I am fine with that.  I just want to protect and be there for the ones we love and have.  

I will keep you posted on Barb's surgery tomorrow.  Megan, Erin, Bradley and Pamela are all helping us to make sure that all is taken care of because as you know - not being there for your needs is not an option.  

Thank you so much.  We got this... paws crossed, prayers, positive vibes, whatever you do - will be much appreciated.  

No comments: